With a choice of 3 daily departures, spend up to 7 hours on a tropical island paradise in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef. This Green Island Cruise is perfect for visitors who are short on time or would like to choose either snorkelling or a glass bottom boat tour.
Included In your Day:
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Half Day or up to 7 hours on Green Island
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self Guided Eco Walk
- Choice of Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of Snorkelling Equipment
- Use of island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests
- Use of day visitor facilities
Green Island is a beautiful 6000 year old coral cay located in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, just 27kms offshore from Cairns, Tropical North Queensland. A National Park, Green Island is approximately 12 hectares in size and is unique in that it has a reef and rainforest environment. Of the 300 coral cays in the Great Barrier Reef, Green Island is the only one with a rainforest.
The reefs surrounding Green Island Resort support a diverse range of habitats for a wide range of tropical marine life.
Lunch & Refreshments
You can choose from a range of delicious and affordable meal and snack options from Green Island’s restaurant and food outlets.
Open 9.30am – 3.30pm
Enjoy a café style lunch such as burgers, fish and chips, or wraps and rolls.
Reflections Pool Bar
Open 9.30am – 3.30pm
Serving ice-cold drinks, specialty cocktails, tea and barista coffees and cake. Why not enjoy a pizza, nachos or oysters by the pool! Fully Licenced.
Lunch from 11:30am
A la carte dining from $16 or set course menus from $42. Breakfast is also available up to 10.30am.
Lunch from 11.30am
Open 9.30am – 4pm
Icecreams, shakes and snack food.
Departures & Transfers
Departure and Arrival Times:
You can choose your preferred departure times from Cairns and Green Island!
Travel time to Green Island is approx. 45 minutes.
|Cairns to Green Island Departs
|Green Island to Cairns Departs
Transfers are available at an additional cost from most Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels/accommodation are available. Pick up times are advised on booking confirmation.
What to Bring
- Swimming costume
- Lycra suit if you have one (they are available for hire)
- Beach towel
- Hat, sunscreen and comfortable shoes
- Spending money for drinks, souvenirs and optional activities
Green Island Eco Tour
Fares & Pricing
- Children 4-14 years.
- Children under 3 years free of charge.
- Family fare: Maximum of 2 adults and 2 children of the same family.
- Normal fare applies for additional children. Not applicable with any other discount.
Listed fares in Australian dollars include Goods and Services Tax. Prices valid to 31 March 2019
Please check-in at the Great Adventures counters inside the Reef Fleet Terminal (1 Spence Street in Cairns) 1 hour before your departure time.